Eight Students Receive Gale Foundation ScholarshipsPosted Monday, 28 July 2014 23:36 | Filed under C&N News
GALETON, PA. – Eight Galeton High School students have been awarded scholarships from The William and L. R. Gale Community Foundation a/k/a Galeton Foundation. The 2014 scholarships totaled $40,000 with each student being awarded a $5,000 scholarship.
Scholarship recipients include:
- April Howell who plans to attend Keystone College for nursing;
- Alex Kulish who plans to attend the University of Pitt at Bradford for Petroleum Technology;
- Andrea Leach who plans to attend Juniata College for early childhood education;
- Jeffrey Mashula who plans to attend Penn State Dubois for wildlife management;
- Mataya McPherson who plans to attend Wilkes University for Pharmacy;
- Dakota Shadle who plans to attend Mansfield University for the Academic Exploratory Program;
- Dustin Shepler who plans to attend Neumann University for Accounting; and
- Corrine Shuemaker who plans to attend University of Pitt at Bradford for nursing.
The Galeton Foundation Scholarship Foundation started this scholarship program in 2013 for current high school seniors attending Galeton Area High School accepted by an accredited college, university or trade school. The scholarship awards may be used to help pay for tuition, books and room and board charges and are paid directly to the college, university or school.
The Galeton Foundation is a 501©(3) organization and welcomes contributions to grow the fund to help assist charitable organizations in the Galeton Area and provide scholarships for Galeton Area High School seniors.
The C&N Trust and Financial Management Group is the Trustee of the Galeton Foundation.
The C&N Trust and Financial Management Group, a division of Citizens & Northern Bank, maintains offices in Wellsboro, Sayre, Towanda, Williamsport, Coudersport and Canisteo. The division, founded in 1960, provides a wide range of investment, trust and retirement plan services to individuals and organizations.