C&N Names 2013 Calendar Photo Contest WinnersPosted Monday, 22 December 2014 12:06 | Filed under C&N News
WELLSBORO, PA – John Gross of Sayre has won the grand prize in the annual Citizens & Northern Bank Photo Contest. His photo was selected from more than 500 entries.
Winning photographs will be featured on C&N’s 2013 calendar. John’s photo is one of 13 selected for inclusion. A retired Sayre teacher, he has been an amateur photographer for more than 50 years. He took his winning photo of goldfinches on a sunflower from his back deck.
Other winners and the month their photographs will represent include:
- Molly Kinsey of Dushore, an ice-laden fence - January
- Donna Sherwood of Dushore, a barn in winter - February
- Peggy Shay of Elkland, a Bald Eagle - March
- Karen Swimley of Muncy, a water wheel at Golden Retreat - April
- Marilyn Wood of Tioga, a hummingbird feeding - May
- Jack Liddic of Montoursville, Mimosa flowers - June
- Don Biresch of Ottsville, a rainbow and gate – July
- Harold Roe, Jr. of Covington, a gas well in Mainesburg – August
- Christian Graves of Blossburg, a Tioga Central train - September
- Jeff Hoodak of Dushore, geese on a fall pond - October
- Emily Losinger of Wellsboro, a frosty Grand Canyon - November
- Ann Kamzelski of Wellsboro, snow-covered berries - December
The 2013 calendar will feature photos by six past contest winners and seven first-time winners. All winners will be honored at a luncheon in Wellsboro in October and will receive cash prizes. The 2013 C&N Photo Calendars will be available in all offices of Citizens & Northern Bank in late October.
“Judging for this calendar is always difficult and close. We have so many talented amateur photographers in our area who are willing to share their talent with us,” said Yvonne Gill, C&N marketing director. “The 2013 calendar photos are among the most diverse we have had since starting the contest nearly 10 years ago.”
Citizens & Northern Bank is a local, independent community bank providing complete financial, investment and insurance services through 26 full service offices throughout Cameron, Potter, McKean, Tioga, Bradford, Sullivan and Lycoming counties in Pennsylvania and in Canisteo and Hornell, NY in Steuben County. C&N can be found on the worldwide web at www.cnbankpa.com. The Company’s stock is listed on NASDAQ Capital Market Securities under the symbol CZNC.